The recording of my radio interview with Sue Lundquist is now live (Click here or on the image below to listen now)
Love is Not Enough – Why good boundaries make good relationships
Emotional empathy is often touted as a relationship panacea, but there’s another piece of the puzzle that is often overlooked. In this episode Justice Schanfarber makes a case for the value of emotional boundaries in relationships. Join us as we explore –
- The dark side of empathy
- How boundaries can actually bring us closer in relationship
- The personal development drive in relationships
- Why good boundaries make for better intimacy
- The one type of boundary that must be understood for relationships to grow
Sue and I ended up covering the outline above, and so much more, including –
- The ideal of setting boundaries vs the reality of setting boundaries
- Behavioural boundaries vs emotional boundaries
- What it really means to “hold space” for your partner
- How we lose ourselves (and find ourselves) in relationship
- Predictable stages of relationships
- Triggers in relationships (fight or flight responses)
- Differentiating between your pain and your partner’s pain
- Tips for managing your own nervous system arousal
- Confronting the differences between you and your partner
- Using body awareness as a tool for maintaining boundaries
Click on the image at the top of the page to listen to the recording, or click here to go to the soundcloud page and listen. Please let me know what you think of our conversation!
Do you have something to say about this topic? Leave a comment below.
Follow me on social media for sex and relationship tips, tools, and insights – Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Like what you’re reading here?
You’ll love my book.
Read the first 10 pages free.
Trying to grow, fix, change, understand or save your marriage? I provide couples therapy, marriage counselling, coaching and mentoring to individuals and couples on the issues that make or break relationships – Sessions by telephone/skype worldwide. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a client info package. www.JusticeSchanfarber.com
Never miss a new post. Sign up to get my articles by email –
Want to share this article? You can use the buttons below.