I recently had a lovely chat with my friend, neighbour, and yoga teacher Nicole Berns. She invited me as part of a course she’s offering, and I thought I would share the video here with you as well. (Click here to view the video now).
We got riffing on some resonant topics over the course of an hour, while the sunlight wanes… By the end we’re sitting in near darkness, but hopefully the conversation continues to provide some illumination!
Some of the themes we cover –
- The differences (and similarities) between self-regulating and co-regulating emotional unrest in relationships.
- Managing emotional activation/dysregulation in the body.
- The second stage of relationship (the Trouble and Disillusionment stage).
- The intensity of emotional intimacy, and how some people crave it and some people avoid it (and some people don’t know what they’re missing).
- The three main operating systems for human beings (rational, emotional, survival).
- The evolution of marriages and relationships.
- Good and bad types of conflict.
- We also touch on yoga, personal growth edges, chakras, Nicole’s own relationship, and more!
[Nicole Berns is the founder of Wild Well-Being, an online wellness platform, and the Empowered Lover Program, a 5-week online adult sex-ed course. She is a yoga instructor, alpine guide, and retreat leader building programs that allow you to enjoy your body. You can read up on her work by visiting wildwell-being.com.]
Please feel free to add your comments and questions, and to share this video with your friends who might need it.
You can also join my private facebook discussion group to dig deeper into these topics.
Watch my other videos – Click here.
All My Best,
Follow me on social media for sex and relationship tips, tools, and insights – Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Like what you’re reading here?
You’ll love my book.
Read the first 10 pages free.
Trying to grow, fix, change, understand or save your marriage? I provide couples therapy, marriage counselling, coaching and mentoring to individuals and couples on the issues that make or break relationships – Sessions by telephone/skype worldwide. Email email@example.com to request a client info package. www.JusticeSchanfarber.com
Never miss a new post. Sign up to get my articles by email –
Want to share this article? You can use the buttons below.